Hundreds of thousands of gamers of all skill levels have challenged each other for thousands of prizes, ranging from unique dynamic themes to real world cash, since PS4 Tournaments launched last year. Next up – MLB The Show 19 PS4 Tournaments: New Year’s Cup.
The response to the Fall Cup was fantastic, and we’ve improved the tournament experience to give players more incentive to come back and compete every week. The tournament is open to all eligible participants, and there are multiple ways to qualify for the finals and earn a shot at the $10,000 prize pool, as well as weekly rewards.
- The first qualifier begins January 11, and the last one is February 1 – with two qualifiers happening each weekend.
- Everyone* will compete in a Swiss tournament system through the qualifier rounds. There are two ways to qualify for the Grand Final:
– Top 64 point earners qualify to the final
– Top 8 finishers in each weekly tournament qualify directly to final
- Grand Final will be a seeded bracket determined by season-wide points and finishes throughout the cup
Additionally, we currently have Mortal Kombat 11 and FIFA 20 Tournaments running, offering players an opportunity to win a unique dynamic theme, in-game currency, and even cash prizing. Remember, no matter your skill level, you will be able to compete against both friends and others in the PlayStation community. For more information on all PS4 Tournaments, visit compete.playstation.com. Sign up today!
*MLB The Show 19 PS4 Tournaments: New Year’s Cup – must be 16+ and resident of the US and Canada. Active PS Plus subscription required. Void where prohibited. Rules: https://esl.gg/MLB19Series-NYC-Ruleset